Bug 283 - reversion of fields.text to fields.txt needed
Summary: reversion of fields.text to fields.txt needed
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Alias: None
Product: Libre-RISC-V Website
Classification: Unclassified
Component: website (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Hardware: Other Linux
: --- enhancement
Assignee: Jacob Lifshay
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2020-04-06 02:49 BST by Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
Modified: 2020-04-06 11:33 BST (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
NLnet milestone: ---
total budget (EUR) for completion of task and all subtasks: 0
budget (EUR) for this task, excluding subtasks' budget: 0
parent task for budget allocation:
child tasks for budget allocation:
The table of payments (in EUR) for this task; TOML format:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton 2020-04-06 02:49:56 BST
https://libre-riscv.org/recentchanges/

jacob i went through this one already, symlinks and so on don't work, and the page gets converted to /fields/ which is not what is desired.

the nonstandard extension gets ikiwiki to leave the file alone, thus allowing it to be downloaded unmodified.
Comment 1 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton 2020-04-06 02:54:05 BST
hm.  it *might* be ok.  checking at 3am is a bit challenging.  tomorrow.
Comment 2 Jacob Lifshay 2020-04-06 03:29:44 BST
(In reply to Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton from comment #1)
> hm.  it *might* be ok.  checking at 3am is a bit challenging.  tomorrow.

I ended up with the file named fields.text and a symlink named fields.txt.

I changed the download code in soc.git to name the local file fields.txt, but download through the fields.text url.
Comment 3 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton 2020-04-06 11:19:57 BST
*grumble* :)  ok.  that's probably the bit of the puzzle i couldn't
work out.  thanks jacob.
Comment 4 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton 2020-04-06 11:33:09 BST
oh, one annoying thing with git submodules i just discovered, jacob:
you have to "git pull" in the submodule then actually commit the
resultant modifications to .gitmodules

if you don't it can cause conflicts during merge/rebase.
just got badly caught out by that one, and couldn't recover it.