Following the recently completed tasks of VP8/VP9/AV1 implementations and other projects, it became apparent that it would be nice to have some sort of SVP64 assembly cookbook, where we would present a common algorithm in C and best practices converting it to SVP64 assembler. It will be very important both in showcasing the capabilities and features of SVP64 and also helping developers would would like to port their software to the new architecture -even before it's available.
* bug #1085 parallel prefix sum polynomials
* bug #1117 daxpy https://libre-soc.org/simple_v_extension/daxpy_example/
* bug #701 Matrix REMAP
* bug #1006 xchacha20 - more an "app note" than a cookbook but good stuff
* bug #676 Fortran MAXLOC
* bug #659 register-based insertion sort
* bug #1050 register-based bitonic sort
* bug #1078 register-based counting sort
* bug #TODO FFT and DCT REMAP
* bug #672 positional popcount
* strncpy although this is already implemented it needs documenting
* bug #TODO Horizontal Sum
* bug #TODO dot product (see bug #142 and bug #555)
* bug #TODO cross product
* bug #TODO VSX vexpandqm as zeroing predicate-mask sv.addi -1
* bug #TODO VSX vextractwm/dm using sv.cmpi followed by crweird
* bug #TODO VSX xxblendvh/w/b/d using... sv.mv.swizzle? pack/unpack with vec2?
* bug #TODO VSX xxgenpcvdm looks fun!
* bug #TODO sign-extending packed regs: sv.exts* and other tricks
* bug #TODO conflictd
Author: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed Mar 8 19:47:33 2023 +0000
add svp64 cookbook recipe root
we had the really good idea of meeting every couple of weeks to discuss
one of these ideas as a group. open invitation.
idea: presentation of the cookbook ideas to be done under bug #1019
Lets pick a timing for those meetings
- bi weekly
- 1 hour
(In reply to Toshaan Bharvani from comment #4)
> Lets pick a timing for those meetings
> - bi weekly
> - 1 hour
i'm happy they're in the existing tuesday.